Montalto’s houses to rent in Tuscany will give you flexibility and independence, but at Montalto, unlike an isolated farmhouse, the owners live in the castle and have a knowledgeable assistant for help with tourist information, medical emergencies, the loan of extra equipment and any other need. We also offer a variety of additional services to make your rent villa Tuscany stay complete.
Included in your rental:
- Kitchenware, sheets and towels (exchanged weekly), normal final cleaning
- Water, gas and electricity, normal heating, firewood
- Washing machines, in a common laundry and in four houses
- Use of swimming pool, bicycles, rustic tennis court, bocce ball and ping pong
- Parlour games, a multi-lingual library, television and a piano (these communal spaces are open from May 15 to October 15; also in other periods for groups that book the entire castle)
- Many trails through the fields and woods
- Free parking
- Wireless Internet and use of a computer
Available for a fee:
- A Buffet breakfast is available from 15 May to 15 October (also available the rest of the year if booked in advance and for a minimum of 10 people), for € 9 per person per day if booked in advance or € 10 if signing up on-site, with 50% discount for children under 8 years
- Dinner is available upon advance request
- Full Service Option: daily cleaning and midweek change of sheets and towels
Available for purchase:
- Postcards and stamps
- Local ceramics
- Wine from a family-owned vineyard
- Our own extra-virgin olive oil
- Organic produce from our vegetable garden, along with olive oil, eggs and honey.
Special services available:
- Cooked meals: prepared by a local cook and and brought to your house.
- Cooking class: With a certain minimum of people, hands-on classes can be organized at Montalto, with dinner afterward; or we can help book you into a formal cooking school. Please contact us to reserve in advance.
- Italian lesson: A short practical lesson in basic Italian is available for English-speaking guests.
- Guided Tours: we offer a guided walking tour of Siena on Tuesday afternoons, provided there are enough people. Guided day tours of the region can also be arranged with emphasis on art, history, archaeology, nature or the wines of the region.
- Transportation: group or individual transportation to or from the airport at Florence, Pisa or Rome can be organized, as well as auto hire.
- Horse-back riding: at an excellent riding school on the border of our property you can take English-mount lessons and guided rides.
- Spas: Nearby hot springs with spa services and naturally heated pools offer discounted tickets through Montalto.
- Bike hire and tours, starting directly from Montalto or wherever you want in Tuscany.
- Wedding or special event planning: Montalto is a perfect place to hold special events such as weddings, anniversaries, family reunions, incentive trips and other meetings. (See Special Events for more information.)
We try to keep up to date on the many concerts, fairs and other events in the area (check What to do in the area for an overview) and will be happy to provide assistance in obtaining tickets.
Contact us for more information on any of the above or to book certain services in advance.
Also remember that special events can be organized as well, such as weddings, anniversaries, renewal of vows and commitment ceremonies, family reunions, sales incentive trips and other social or corporate events.
Check the Special events section for more information.
Many tracks for hiking, biking and horseback riding through the fields and woods around the castle
Aereal view with swimming pool at top left.