Location of Montalto castle rentals in Tuscany
Montalto is very centrally located for touring and served by good roads, making it a perfect home base for your sight-seeing.
All of the following towns are easily reachable:
- 23 km (14 miles) to Siena
- 40 km (25 miles) to Arezzo
- 40 km (25 miles) to Cortona
- 40 km (25 miles) to Monteriggioni
- 60 km (37 miles) to San Gimignano
- 75 km (46 miles) to Perugia
- 80 km (50 miles) to Florence
- 90 km (56 miles) to Assisi
- 90 km (56 miles) to the sea
- 125 km (78 miles) to Pisa
- 150 km (93 miles) to Lucca
- 230 km (143 miles) to Rome
Though located in one of the loveliest and most unspoiled parts of the Chianti area of Tuscany, Montalto is very accessible:
- The major Italian highway (A1, the "Autostrada del Sole") is 30 km / 19 miles away: exits Valdarno to the north and Valdichiana to the south.
- The Florence airport is less than 1½ hours away. The Pisa airport is about two hours away, while the drive from the Rome airport takes three hours.
- There are train stations at 12 km / 7 miles (Rapolano, for trains to the south) and at 18 km / 11 miles (Bucine, for trains to the north).
- The nearest town, Castelnuovo Berardenga, is 10 km / 6 miles away, but there is a restaurant less than 3 km / 2 miles from Montalto and a village at 5 km / 3 miles.
You will need a car. There is no convenient public transportation to the Castle. If you wish, we can arrange an auto rental with pick up at the airport, at the train station or even directly at the castle.
Relive the atmosphere of "Under the Tuscan sun" visiting Cortona and many other typical Tuscan towns!
To get accurate indications on how to reach Montalto agriturismo Tuscany, see (and please print!) our Driving directions (link at the top of this page).